PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of patients interested in health and healthcare issues, who want to get involved with and support the running of their local GP Practice. Most PPGs include both members of practice staff and patients, and meet at regular intervals to decide ways and means of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to its patients.
The Begg Surgery also have an established Patient Forum; as we want to make sure that the views of all our patients are heard. The group meets regularly and we welcome anyone interested in joining in. Our Patient Forum is organised by the Practice Manager. If you are interested in joining please do let us know by either sending an email or leaving your details for the Practice Manager at the Surgery Reception.
The aim of our PPG is to:
- Develop a partnership with patients
- Discover what a range of patients think about our services and to establish their priorities
- Update all patients by discussing the delivery of health care services in the surgery and in the local NHS
- Enable all patients to take an active interest in their health through health promotion services and information
- Provide a channel of communication between surgery staff and their patients
- Provide a platform to test and modify new ideas and plans